Culturally Competent Design
Guillen & Guillen Associates respects each person’s cultural identity, heritage, ethnicity, race, age, and ability. Our firm creates culturally competent rehabilitation and intervention services by becoming culturally-informed. We take pride in learning about each client and his/her worldview to ensure we create the most effective and culturally-competent plan for each person.
Guillen & Guillen Associates applies alternative psychological paradigms to each engagement, including:
- Acculturation psychology to consider the effects of adjusting to a new culture
- Community psychology to identify how individual actions and education can transform communities
- Cultural psychology to create interventions which cater to each client’s culture
- Indigenous psychology to acknowledge the attitudes and behaviors that are native to an individual
- Liberation psychology to develop culturally-specific plans for marginalized and oppressed communities